According to the Prudential life insurance website, a wide range of term and universal plans may be eligible for liberal acceptance. Make your insurance meet your family’s needs by selecting from over 14 plans and add-ons.
However, Prudential doesn’t provide whole life insurance, so you’ll have to go elsewhere for such coverage. It takes 10 minutes to acquire a quotation but it takes up to 8 weeks to get approved.
- Factors that affect your rate with Prudential
- How to get a quote from Prudential life insurance
- Prudential offers term and universal life insurance
- Prudential offers a long list of add-ons
- Prudential life insurance reviews and complaints
Factors that affect your rate with Prudential
Standard Plus, Preferred Plus, and Preferred Best are Prudential’s three rate classes that get the company’s best prices. For the lowest rates, it follows industry-standard criteria:
- Blood pressure. If you’re 49 or younger, your blood pressure should be 130/80, and if you’re 50 or older, it should be 135/85.
- Cholesterol. If you don’t take medicine, your cholesterol is less than 300 and your HDL to LDL ratio is less than 5, thus you are healthy.
- Reputation as a driver. DWI and careless driving convictions expire after five years if you get one during that time period. A license suspension or more than one traffic infraction or accident within three years are also prohibited.
- History of the family. Early mortality from coronary artery disease, stroke, or cancer should not be part of your direct family history.
- Tobacco. You must not have smoked or used nicotine in the previous five years to be eligible to participate.
How to get a quote from Prudential life insurance
Prudential life insurance may be reached by phone at 800-778-4357, or you can receive a quick quote online:
- Click on the Buy Life Insurance Online and Get an Instant Quote buttons on the Prudential life insurance website.
- Answer a few personal questions, like your address, gender, date of birth, and the quantity of insurance you want.
- A price will be sent to you. If you’re satisfied with the quotation, you may either make modifications or continue with the application.
- Select More Info for more information on how to apply. You’ll be given instructions on how to use an agent to submit your application, and it will take you roughly 10 minutes to do so.
- You may be eligible for the program even if you don’t have a physical examination; either way, you’ll be notified if you are. As soon as Prudential receives your payment, your insurance coverage will begin.
Prudential offers term and universal life insurance
There are a wide range of possibilities within the term and universal life insurance offered by Prudential:
Term life insurance
Depending on your needs, Prudential’s term life insurance plans range from 10 to 30 years, with the opportunity to convert to permanent life insurance.
- Annual renewable term. Within five years of purchase, this temporary policy can be changed to permanent coverage.
- The most widely used expression. For people between the ages of 18 and 50, this plan provides simple coverage up to $500,000.
Universal life insurance
These long-term insurance plans accrue cash value and allow policyholders to alter their premiums, payment schedules, and death benefits as their financial circumstances change.
- Standard universal. The premiums and payment schedules are changeable with this set of universal insurance, but the investment possibilities are fixed..
- The concept of perseverance is a universal one. When the second covered person dies, the policy pays out a guaranteed death benefit.
- The index is global in scope. The premiums and payment dates are customizable, and the increasing cash value is linked to the S&P 500 index, making it a good investment.
- Variables are used in all situations. Premises can be adjusted according to the customer’s needs. Investment choices are also flexible.
Prudential offers a long list of add-ons
In order to meet your and your family’s needs, Prudential offers a wide range of add-ons:
- Accelerated death benefits riders. If you’re diagnosed with a serious or fatal disease, you may be able to collect some of your death benefit.
- Rider for accidental death insurance. If you die in an accident, such as a vehicle crash, you will get an additional death benefit.
- Riders who are under the age of 18. You may also change your term life insurance policy to permanent life insurance for your children, making it more cost-effective.
- Rider for the cost of living. Your benefits will be increased in accordance with increases in the cost of living.
- Rider for disability income. A monthly payment is made in the event of disability and inability to work.
- A horse-drawn estate guardrail is provided. If both insured persons die within four years of acquiring the policy, the death benefit increases to 100% and is available on survivorship plans.
- Guaranteed insurability rider. Add insurance without undergoing a medical checkup after certain life events or ages.
- Long-term rider with no qualms. Throughout the policy’s duration, your benefit amount will remain constant.
- Rider for long-term care. As soon as you’re diagnosed as having a chronic illness, the insurance company starts taking money from your death benefit.
- Option rider with a divided policy. Changes a life insurance policy from survivorship to individual life insurance in the case of certain life circumstances, such as a divorce.
- Rider waiving premium fees. You don’t have to pay premiums for as long as you’re handicapped if you become disabled before 60, according to Prudential
Prudential life insurance reviews and complaints
To demonstrate Prudential’s strong financial position and capacity to pay claims, AM Best awards it a high financial grade. Customers complain about poor communication and unhelpful customer assistance on TrustPilot.
Checkout our review of Protective Life Insurance Review for another life insurance review.