It all boils down to the quantity of coverage you want, how long you want it, and how healthy you are. All of these factors go into determining your premium. For those who want a more affordable term life policy, Lemonade‘s starts at $9 a month. Lemonade Life Insurance Review might be a big help!
- What affects my rate with Lemonade?
- How to get a quote from Lemonade Life
- What types of life insurance coverage does Lemonade offer?
- What riders can I add to my policy?
- Lemonade Life reviews and complaints
What affects my rate with Lemonade?
Bestow insures Lemonade’s life insurance policies, while North American Company issues the policies. There are a number of requirements to complete before you can qualify for its super-preferred rate class and the lowest rates. These include:
- Optimal weight for your height is between and pounds.
- No prior history of heart or artery disease, liver difficulties, HIV, or cancer in
- the last ten years. No family history of any of these conditions either.
- Medical diseases such as organ transplant, cardiomyopathy, and diabetes cannot be diagnosed and treated without a personal physician’s help
- For the last year, I have abstained from using tobacco or nicotine products.
- Before the age of 60, neither parent has died or been diagnosed with heart disease, melanoma, colon cancer, or ovarian or breast cancer..
- Never been arrested or charged with any type of traffic infraction such as DUI, careless driving, or anything else.
- For the previous ten years, there has been no history of drug or alcohol misuse.
- No dangerous pastimes such as scuba diving, skydiving, or mountain climbing for the next two years. Avoid risky hobbies.
How to get a quote from Lemonade Life
Fill out a detailed form to receive a free quote online. Here are the actions you need to take:
- Visit Lemonade.com to learn more.
- Select Take a look at our pricing.
- Choose term life insurance as your kind of coverage.
- Or, pick No to sign out of your current Lemonade account and continue.
- Click Next once you’ve entered your complete name and email address.
- You will be asked about your medical and surgical history, diagnoses, cigarette use, weight reduction, and if a biological parent or sibling died of cancer or heart disease before 60.
- Provide information about your nationality, birthplace, job, household income, and upcoming travel plans outside of the United States, Canada, and Mexico, if applicable.
- Tell us about any existing life insurance or annuity arrangements.
- Answer questions about your personal habits, driving record, and alcohol and drug usage with a yes/no response.
- To complete the transaction, you’ll need to provide your social security number and electronic signature.
- After being authorized, you can enroll in coverage by completing the application procedure online.
What types of life insurance coverage does Lemonade offer?
Lemonade provides term life insurance with coverage ranging from $50,000 to $1.5 million through its partner Bestow. The policy is aimed towards healthy persons between the ages of 18 and 60, and no medical examination is required.
What riders can I add to my policy?
However, this is standard practice for insurtech businesses, so it’s not a deal breaker.
Lemonade Life reviews and complaints
As of February 8, 2021, there aren’t many customer evaluations for Lemonade’s new life insurance product, although the firm has been around for five years.
The firm has a good star rating from consumers despite not being recognized by the Better Business Bureau (BBB). Customers praise the user-friendly app and affordable insurance. However, customers’ dissatisfaction with the company’s customer service is cited in unfavorable TrustPilot ratings.
It’s safe to say that North American Company, with its long history and A+ AM Best rating, has the financial wherewithal to make good on claims. The BBB has recognized the North American firm, and TrustPilot has given it high star ratings, indicating excellent customer service.
Checkout our review of Legal and General Life Insurance Review for another life insurance review.