Ladder provides unique life insurance with its simplified website, on-the-spot underwriting, and policies with no additional costs. It employs complex algorithms to underwrite insurance in a matter of minutes, and if you qualify, you may purchase coverage online. Ladder distinguishes itself from its competitors by eliminating commissioned agents, foregoing fees, and providing insurance online. You will see more details of Ladder in this Ladder Life Insurance Review.
It also stands out for providing coverage up to $8 million and allowing consumers to lower coverage without having to apply for a new policy, making it easier to incorporate life insurance into your overall financial strategy. In addition, for up to $3 million in coverage, you can forego the medical exam.
However, it is not for everyone. It may not be the best choice if you are not comfortable managing your insurance online. It’s also not feasible to add riders or convert to a permanent policy later on.
- Pros and Cons Ladder Life Insurance
- Ladder life insurance rates
- Ladder life insurance does not provide 20-year durations at all ages.
- Factors that affect your rate
- How to get a quote from Ladder life insurance
- Ladder only offers term life — adjustable
- Ladder doesn’t offer riders
- Ladder life insurance reviews are mostly positive
Pros and Cons Ladder Life Insurance
- Extensive coverage a maximum of $8 million
- Within minutes, an application is submitted and an underwriting decision is made.
- There are no additional costs if you adjust your coverage online.
- There are no riders or additional coverage.
- People between the ages of 20 and 60 are eligible.
- Phone or online chat assistance is available. Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Only PT is available.
- On-site educational resources are limited.
Ladder life insurance rates
We obtained 2021 example quotations for a $500,000, 20-year term life insurance for a healthy man and woman using Ladders online quote tool. Ladder’s rates are lower than the average for this coverage size and term duration until the age of 45; those 45 and older may pay more than the average.
- Age 20. Male $21.47, Female $17.78
- Age 25. Male $21.47, Female $18.72
- Age 30. Male $21.47, Female $18.72
- Age 35. Male $22.59, Female $19.84
- Age 40. Male $31.07, Female $27.15
- Age 45. Male $59.96, Female $47.69
- Age 50. Male $88.56, Female $65.93
Ladder life insurance does not provide 20-year durations at all ages.
We learned that 20-year terms are not accessible for those aged 55 to 60 throughout the quote procedure at Ladder. Persons over the age of 55, on the other hand, can only pick a $500,000 policy with a 15-year term, while those over the age of 60 can only choose a $500,000 policy with a 10-year term.
Most rivals let clients select a 20-year term until the age of 60. So, if you’re beyond the age limit for Ladder’s 20-year terms and want a policy of this length, you’ll have to go elsewhere.
Factors that affect your rate
Its underwriting takes into account the same considerations as other life insurers, such as:
- Tobacco use. Ladder inquires about your tobacco consumption in the last three years. You’ll normally obtain a lower rate if you’ve never smoked or haven’t smoked in the last three years.
- Age. Younger, healthier candidates often pay cheaper premiums.
- Driving record. Expect a cheaper premium if your recent record is clean of severe traffic infractions and DUI.
- Health. Your cholesterol, blood pressure, BMI, and family medical history all have an impact on your rate, and those with a history of cardiovascular disease, stroke, diabetes, or other conditions often have higher rates.
- Occupation. Those who work in hazardous environments are frequently subject to higher rates.
- Hobbies. Daredevils, like skydivers and hang-gliders, are seen negatively by Ladder.
- Drugs and alcohol. To qualify for cheaper rates, you must have a past free of drug addiction treatment.
How to get a quote from Ladder life insurance
Ladder provides one of the most basic quotation tools on the market. In less than five minutes, you can have a quotation and coverage.
- Click Get Started from the Ladder homepage.
- You’ll be prompted to specify your preferred coverage amount as well as the term duration. Then press the Next button.
- Respond to questions on your health, income, hobbies, drug usage, and driving record.
- Give us your home address, email address, phone number, and Social Security number.
- You will receive an instant decision when your identity has been verified and you have submitted your application.
- If you are accepted, accept or reject your insurance terms, then input your payment information, and your coverage will begin right away.
- Create an account online so you can simply access your policy to adjust the amount of coverage, update personal and payment information, and name beneficiaries.
Ladder only offers term life — adjustable
Ladder’s term life insurance provides coverage ranging from $100,000 to $8 million for customers aged 20 to 60. Term life insurance is the most basic and least expensive sort of policy, providing coverage for a specified length of time – in this example, 10, 15, 20, 25, or 30 years. Unless you opt to change the level of coverage, the premium remains the same for the term of the policy. In addition, if your coverage is less than $3 million, you can avoid the medical exam. Otherwise, you may be required to have an in-home medical examination.
Unlike other insurers, Ladder provides a facility that allows you to change the level of coverage after you’ve signed up for your policy. This way, you can ensure that your coverage remains appropriate if your circumstances change, whether you’ve paid off your mortgage or have a new kid.
You do not need to apply for a new policy if you desire to reduce (ladder down) your coverage. Drop your coverage by logging into your Ladder account online, and your premium will be reduced correspondingly. However, in order to enhance your coverage, you must apply for the extra higher coverage amount. If you are accepted, the enhanced coverage amount will be reflected in your rates.
Ladder provides a 30-day money-back guarantee and the opportunity to cancel at any time to ensure you’re satisfied with your coverage.
Ladder doesn’t offer riders
Unlike other insurers, Ladder does not enable policyholders to tailor their term life coverage with riders. This is due to the fact that it depends on algorithms to provide speedy quotations, and riders might complicate the process. If you want to personalize your insurance with riders, you’ll have to seek elsewhere.
Ladder life insurance reviews are mostly positive
Ladder does not have a Better Business Bureau rating or accreditation, which is usual for a small firm. This firm has a good internet reputation, with a 4.8 out of 5 star rating on Trustpilot based on over 1,600 reviews. Customers like the simple signup procedure, low pricing, prompt service, and simplified application process.
However, one reviewer cited bait and switch techniques, and another said his final rate was double what he was quoted, but the bad reviews were few and far between at the time of writing.
Ladder’s carrier partners, Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America and Allianz life of New York, have an A+ rating from AM Best. This confirms Ladder’s financial strength and capability to pay out claims.
For another life insurance review, visit our review of Knights of Columbus Life Insurance Review.