Ameritas Life Insurance, one of the country’s oldest and most reputable insurance companies, may provide a wide range of life insurance policies to a prospective customer.
The cost of a life insurance policy from Ameritas is dependent on a number of factors, including your location, age, gender, overall health, the amount of coverage, and the policy type you choose.
Enter your birthday, state of residence, gender, and coverage amount on the Ameritas website to get a free quotation.
- What affects my rate with Ameritas?
- How to get a quote from Ameritas life insurance
- I’ve signed up. What happens next?
- What types of life insurance coverage does Ameritas offer?
- What riders can I add to my policy?
- Ameritas life insurance reviews and complaints
- How does Ameritas protect my data?
- Compare life insurance companies
What affects my rate with Ameritas?
In Ameritas, there are four pricing tiers: Standard (the lowest), Select (the next lowest), Preferred (the highest), and Preferred Plus.
If a tobacco user can achieve extra rate tier requirements, they will be awarded either a Standard or Preferred rate. This being stated, the Standard and Preferred rates for tobacco users are both greater than those granted to non-smokers.
Factors related to health and well-being that might lower your insurance rate include:
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Weight to height ratio
- Tobacco use
- Alcohol or substance abuse
- Driving violations
- Past felonies
- Family history of heart disease
- Engagement in dangerous sports or activities, such as aviation
How to get a quote from Ameritas life insurance
- Ameritas’ website has a link called Find a financial professional that will take you to a list of local professionals that can help you.
- Your name, e-mail, mobile and postal code will be collected throughout this process.
- Please choose the type of insurance policy in which you’re interested. Resolve the recaptcha and provide any extra details in the comments. When you’re finished, click the Submit button.
I’ve signed up. What happens next?
You’ll be paired with a local Ameritas insurance agent after submitting your information on the Ameritas website. It usually takes one to two weeks to complete this process.
You can apply for life insurance after you’ve been matched with an agent. The time it takes to process your application depends on the policy, but you should have coverage within a month of filing it.
What types of life insurance coverage does Ameritas offer?
Ameritas offers a wide range of life insurance policies, ranging from term to universal.
- Term. As long as the premiums are paid, the Ameritas Value Plus Term for Families coverage offers constant rates and a death benefit guarantee. Permanency is an option at the conclusion of your term if you like. Terms range from one to thirty years.
- Whole. Whole life insurance offered by Ameritas include: Ameritas Growth Whole Life, Ameritas Value Plus Whole Life, Keystone Whole Life, and Keystone Foundation Whole Life, to name a few. All of these participating plans give policyholders the chance to amass cash value over the course of the policy’s term, receive dividends, and earn a guaranteed 4% interest rate on that cash value.
- Universal. Universal life insurance policies with Ameritas include the Ameritas Value Plus Universal Life, Excel Essential Universal Life, Excel LifeValue Universal Life and Excel LifeValue Survivor Universal Life. Premiums can be controlled, and you’ll be covered as long as your insurance has a cash surrender value of at least $1, according to these universal plans.
- Variables are used in all situations. Ameritas’ Excel Performance Variable Universal policy lets you invest a portion of each premium in any combination of investment possibilities. A number of investment management tools will be available to you, and you can change your premium payment schedule to suit your current financial situation.
- Indexing is done on a global scale. There are three index universal plans offered by Ameritas: the Excel Index Universal Life, the Excel Plus Index Universal Life, and the Growth Index Universal Life. All three policies are available through Ameritas. These policies accumulate cash value based on the performance of the equity index they’re linked to, like the S&P 500 Index.
What riders can I add to my policy?
These add-ons can be used to customize a policy to fit your unique needs. Even while each rider has a price tag, they allow you to personalize your coverage and provide you an extra layer of security.
- Accelerated death benefits riders. If you’re diagnosed with a terminal disease, you’ll get a portion of your death benefit.
- Rider for accidental death insurance. If you’re killed in an accident, you’ll get an extra death benefit.
- Riders have an automatic benefit. Boost your insurance coverage by 1 percent to 10 percent on a yearly basis.
- Riders who are under the age of 18. Additional $25,000 in coverage for each child with the opportunity to make the insurance permanent is provided by this rider.
- Rider for conversions. Once your term life insurance policy expires, you’ll have the opportunity to convert it to permanent life insurance.
- Riders gain from critical sickness. If you get a catastrophic illness such as a stroke, this rider will pay out a lump-sum payment.
- Rider that ensures you’ll be insured no matter what happens. The opportunity to enhance your coverage without undergoing a medical checkup on certain dates is available.
- Rider with a low risk of injury over the long term. By purchasing this add-on, you’ll be guaranteed the same benefit amount for the duration of your coverage.
- Rider for the return of cash value. If you die within a certain period of time, your beneficiaries will get a payout equivalent to the premiums you’ve paid for your insurance as an additional benefit…
- Rider with a spouse. This add-on provides supplementary coverage for up to five more family members or company partners, similar to children’s insurance.
- Rider for long-term care insurance. The benefits of term insurance may be applied to your whole insurance policy, lowering your premiums and increasing your death benefit at the same time.
- Rider waiving premium fees. Your premiums will be refunded if you become handicapped.
Ameritas life insurance reviews and complaints
Few complaints have been filed against this insurance company, indicating that customers are satisfied with their service. Despite this, customers have expressed frustration with Ameritas’ claims procedure and the company’s hefty transaction costs.
How does Ameritas protect my data?
Ameritas makes it clear on its website that it does not share or promote the personal information of its customers. All Ameritas third-party service providers must meet the same privacy and security criteria, according to the company. All medical information is supplied solely for the purpose of underwriting and will not be shared with anyone else.
Compare life insurance companies
Take a look at these Ameriprise Life Insurance Review for other service providers if you want to compare other possibilities.