This AIG Life Insurance Review might be a big help to you!
Some of AIG‘s life insurance plans include death rewards exceeding $1 million. One of its seven universal life insurance has an investment option that invests in the S&P 500 index.
If you have a pre-existing condition, AIG’s approval requirements may be more stringent than those of other insurers. Customers haven’t given it the best reviews and that might influence your choice if you’re seeking top-notch service.
If nothing else, its broad coverage, lengthy periods, and inexpensive beginning prices make it a good candidate for consideration.
- AIG Life Insurance Info
- Pros and Cons of AIG Life Insurance
- AIG life insurance rates
- Factors that affect you rates with AIG
- How to get a quote from AIG life insurance
- AIG’s life insurance policies are issued by American General
- AIG offers term and permanent life insurance
- Does AIG offer burial insurance?
- AIG offers 6 riders to customize your coverage
- Life insurance from AIG has gotten a mixed of ratings.
- How AIG stacks up against other insurers
- Compare life insurance companies like AIG
- AIG finances
AIG Life Insurance Info
- Policies. Term, Whole, Universal, Quality of Life, Permanent, Guaranteed Issue Whole Life Insurance, Accidental Death Insurance
- Coverage maximum. $2,000,000
- Term lengths. 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35 years
- Medical exam required. Depends on the policy
- Available states. All states except NY and MT
- Issue age. 20 – 85 years old
Pros and Cons of AIG Life Insurance
- There is an array of unusual riders available like as the lifestyle income rider, which enables you take out 10% every year of your policy’s face amount beyond the age of 85
- A wide range of universal life insurance plans to meet a range of requirements and investment risks are available.
- Lengthy claims process of several weeks for approval and payment
- Strict underwriting
AIG life insurance rates
On AIG’s online quotation tool, we found a set of 2021 sample prices for a $500,000, 20-year term life insurance policy on a healthy man and woman. AIG’s rates are more than normal for a policy of this size and term duration, with all rates being higher than average.
- Aged 20. Man $36.01 & Woman $28.63
- Aged 25. Man $36.01 & Woman $28.79
- Aged 30. Man $36.64 & Woman $30.29
- Aged 35. Man $42.66 & Woman $35.08
- Aged 40. Man $61.46 & Woman $47.50
- Aged 45. Man $95.71 & Woman $72.41
- Aged 50. Man $146.41 & Woman $108.60
- Aged 55. Man $246.21 & Woman $167.50
- Aged 60. Man $425.05 & Woman $292.60
- Aged 65. Man $458.49 & Woman $388.91
Factors that affect you rates with AIG
When determining your premiums, AIG takes a variety of health-related criteria into account. To get the best rates with AIG, you’ll need to be classified as Preferred Plus, which means you’ll need to meet its strict requirements:
- Blood pressure. Until the age of 60, your blood pressure should be 140/85, and beyond that, it should be 150/85.
- The relationship between cholesterol and HDL (good cholesterol). If your HDL-to-total cholesterol ratio is less than 5.0, your cholesterol must be less than 215. Your cholesterol should be under 290 if your HDL ratio is less than 4.5.
- Reputation as a driver. Seven years is the maximum amount of time you should be free of DUIs, suspensions, and reckless driving convictions.
- History of the family. Before the age of 60, none of your parents can have a family history of coronary artery disease or cancer. It’s no longer an issue until you become 65.
- Anecdotes about yourself. If you’re under 60 and have been diagnosed with cancer or another handicap, you may be ineligible for special rates.
- Use of tobacco. The last five years must be shown as a period of abstinence from cigarette use.
- Height to weight ratio is unbalanced. For example, 6ft guys with a weight ranging from 137 lbs to 217 pounds obtain the highest prices.
How to get a quote from AIG life insurance
Unlike other AIG products, which are offered via life insurance brokers, AIG Direct offers plans directly to clients online or over the phone at (800) 254-4933.
- To get a quote for the sort of coverage you’re interested in from AIG, go to the individual life insurance website and click Get A Quote.
- Input your contact information, nicotine usage, birthday, height and weight, and preferred coverage level on the next page. After that, click on the link Get a Free Estimate.
- If you’d like a quotation on life insurance, an AIG representative will contact you.
AIG’s life insurance policies are issued by American General
The majority of AIG’s life insurance policies are provided by American General Life Insurance, which is the parent business of AIG. AIG may be replaced by American General as your life insurance provider after your paperwork is complete and your online account has been created.
However, in New York City, AIG coverage is issued by the United States Life Insurance Company.
AIG offers term and permanent life insurance
Term and permanent life insurance policies are available from AIG. The following products are available from this company’s catalog:
- Term life. Select-A-Term, an AIG term life insurance policy, provides temporary protection for a range of term lengths ranging from ten to thirty-five years. Before the age of 70, you have the option to change your insurance to a permanent one.
- Existence in all places and times. AIG provides seven different universal life insurance plans, unlike most other companies. These policies include adjustable premiums and death payments. With investment portfolios or indices like the S&P 500, you’ll accumulate cash value.
- For the rest of my days. For people between the ages of 50 and 85, the insurer provides a guaranteed-issue whole life insurance with coverage ranging from $5,000 to $25,000. In addition to providing lifetime coverage with no medical exams required, it also accrues income at a predetermined rate of return.
Does AIG offer burial insurance?
Yes. AIG’s funeral insurance is available to seniors 50 to 85 years of age, with coverage options ranging from $5,000 to $25,000. You won’t have to submit to a medical checkup or fill out a health questionnaire with this coverage.
AIG’s last expenditure plans are unique in that they provide living benefits. If you’ve been told you have a terminal disease, you may be able to borrow up to 50% of your death benefit to cover your last expenditures.
AIG offers 6 riders to customize your coverage
With the following typical riders, you may fill in any coverage gaps:
- Accelerated death benefit rider. Get a tax-free lump-sum payment if your sickness is terminal or persistent. You may be eligible for a certain monthly sum from the estate’s estate benefit.
- An additional insurance policy in case of accidental death. If you die in an accident, the death benefit is doubled.
- Child rider. It covers your children up to the age of 25 for a maximum of $25,000 throughout the term of the policy.
- The rider’s spouse. You don’t have to get separate insurance for your spouse if you want to get more coverage.
- Rider that ensures you’ll be insured no matter what happens. You don’t have to undergo a medical checkup if you want to get more coverage.
- Rider waiving the right to a higher price. If you become totally handicapped, your insurance policy will no longer need you to make premium payments.
Life insurance from AIG has gotten a mixed of ratings.
Slow answers and problems with claim payouts are cited by the Better Business Bureau as reasons for the poor star ratings. These ratings, however, are for the whole product line of the firm, not just life insurance.
AIG has a mixed bag of feedback on TrustPilot, with some customers complaining about poor communication and long wait times for claim payouts, while others praise the company’s competent account managers and attentive customer care. J.D. Power‘s 2020
Life Insurance Study gave AIG a score of 742 out of 1,000, which was below average for customer satisfaction.
While American General Life had an NAIC complaint score of 0.75 in 2020, the company was considerably below the industry average of 1.00.
How AIG stacks up against other insurers
AIG offers a greater variety of policy alternatives than other firms, including a term life insurance that may last up to 35 years and convert to permanent life later, as well as seven different universal life possibilities.
However, because AIG’s preferred rates are subject to tight requirements, you should compare its prices to those of other firms to ensure you’re getting the best value.
Additionally, the firm is slow to reply to a huge volume of BBB complaints.
AIG’s premiums are competitive with comparable insurance on the market. A healthy 30-year-old male may get a 20-year, $500,000 term life insurance policy from AIG for $25.94, which is about average based on our sample rate comparisons.
Compare life insurance companies like AIG
Are you curious how AIG’s coverage and perks compare to those of competitors? To compare up to four firms, tap the Compare box.
Although AIG is highly recognized for financial soundness, it has received some negative headlines. American General’s image was harmed by a 2005 accounting scandal, which cost the corporation $1.6 billion in fines. Additionally, the corporation experienced controversy following the US government’s $85 billion rescue of the company during the 2008 financial crash.
AIG has strengthened since through business shifts and selling off some divisions, becoming one of the world’s largest insurance providers. Today, it maintains a good financial position and demonstrates a dedication to its consumers.
Checkout our review of Aflac Life Insurance Review for another life insurance review.